- Full Description
Multicore Programming Using the ParC Language discusses the principles of practical parallel programming using shared memory on multicore machines. It uses a simple yet powerful parallel dialect of C called ParC as the basic programming language. Designed to be used in an introductory course in parallel programming and covering basic and advanced concepts of parallel programming via ParC examples, the book combines a mixture of research directions, covering issues in parallel operating systems, and compilation techniques relevant for shared memory and multicore machines.Multicore Programming Using the ParC Language provides a firm basis for the ‘delicate art’ of creating efficient parallel programs. Students can exercise parallel programming using a simulation software, which is portable on PC/Unix multicore computers, to gain experience without requiring specialist hardware. Students can also help to cement their learning by completing the great many challenging and exciting exercises which accompany each chapter.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Basic Concepts in Parallel Algorithms and Parallel Programming.
- Principles of Shared Memory Parallel Programming using ParC.
- Locality and Synchronization.
- Multicore Machines.
- Improving the Performance of Parallel Programs: The Analytical Approach.
- Compilation Techniques.
- Working with Sequential Versions.
- Performance and Overhead Measures.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published