- Full Description
This textbook presents the fundamental concepts and methods for understanding and working with images and video in an unique, easy-to-read style which ensures the material is accessible to a wide audience. Exploring more than just the basics of image processing, the text provides a specific focus on the practical design and implementation of real systems for processing video data. Features: includes more than 100 exercises, as well as C-code snippets of the key algorithms; covers topics on image acquisition, color images, point processing, neighborhood processing, morphology, BLOB analysis, segmentation in video, tracking, geometric transformation, and visual effects; requires only a minimal understanding of mathematics; presents two chapters dedicated to applications; provides a guide to defining suitable values for parameters in video and image processing systems, and to conversion between the RGB color representation and the HIS, HSV and YUV/YCbCr color representations.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Image Acquisition.
- Color Images.
- Point Processing.
- Neighborhood Processing.
- BLOB Analysis.
- Segmentation in Video Data.
- Geometric Transformations.
- Visual Effects.
- Application Example: Edutainment Game.
- Application Example: Coin Sorting using a Robot.
- Bits, Bytes and Binary Numbers.
- Mathematical Definitions.
- Learning Parameters in Video and Image Processing Systems.
- Conversion Between RGB and HSI.
- Conversion Between RGB and HSV.
- Conversion Between RGB and YUV/YCbCr.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published