- Full Description
This textbook presents the fundamental concepts and methods for understanding and working with images and video in an unique, easy-to-read style which ensures the material is accessible to a wide audience. Exploring more than just the basics of image processing, the text provides a specific focus on the practical design and implementation of real systems for processing video data. Features: includes more than 100 exercises, as well as C-code snippets of the key algorithms; covers topics on image acquisition, color images, point processing, neighborhood processing, morphology, BLOB analysis, segmentation in video, tracking, geometric transformation, and visual effects; requires only a minimal understanding of mathematics; presents two chapters dedicated to applications; provides a guide to defining suitable values for parameters in video and image processing systems, and to conversion between the RGB color representation and the HIS, HSV and YUV/YCbCr color representations.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Image Acquisition.
- Color Images.
- Point Processing.
- Neighborhood Processing.
- BLOB Analysis.
- Segmentation in Video Data.
- Geometric Transformations.
- Visual Effects.
- Application Example: Edutainment Game.
- Application Example: Coin Sorting using a Robot.
- Bits, Bytes and Binary Numbers.
- Mathematical Definitions.
- Learning Parameters in Video and Image Processing Systems.
- Conversion Between RGB and HSI.
- Conversion Between RGB and HSV.
- Conversion Between RGB and YUV/YCbCr.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published