- Full Description
This comprehensive text/reference examines in depth the synergy between multimedia content analysis, personalization, and next-generation networking. The book demonstrates how this integration can result in robust, personalized services that provide users with an improved multimedia-centric quality of experience. Each chapter offers a practical step-by-step walkthrough for a variety of concepts, components and technologies relating to the development of applications and services. Topics and features: introduces the fundamentals of social media retrieval, presenting the most important areas of research in this domain; examines the important topic of multimedia tagging in social environments, including geo-tagging; discusses issues of personalization and privacy in social media; reviews advances in encoding, compression and network architectures for the exchange of social media information; describes a range of applications related to social media.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Fundamentals of Social Media.
- Social Video Retrieval.
- Social Media Recommendation.
- Multimedia Indexing, Search and Retrieval in Large Databases of Social Networks.
- Survey on Social Community Detection.
- Detecting Multimedia Contents of Social Events in Social Networks.
- Part II: Tagging of Social Media.
- Georeferencing in Social Networks.
- Predicting User Tags in Social Media Repositories Using Semantic Expansion and Visual Analysis.
- A Rule
- Based Flickr Tag Recommendation System.
- Sentic Computing for Social Media Analysis, Representation, and Retrieval.
- Highlights Detection in Movie Scenes Through Inter
- Users Physiological Linkage.
- Towards Emotional Annotation of Multimedia Contents.
- Part III: Privacy and Personalisation of Social Media.
- Privacy in Recommender Systems.
- Geotag Propagation with User Trust Modelling.
- Context Aware Content Adaptation for Personalised Social Media Access.
- Part IV: Applications and Services.
- Progression in Social Media: How PetaMedia Facilitate?.
- Video Technology for Storage and Distribution of Personalised Media.
- Social Aware TV Content Delivery over Intelligent Networks.
- Distributed Media Synchronization for Shared Video Watching.
- eGuided: Sharing Media in Academic and Social Networks based on Peer
- Assisted Learning e
- Exploiting Social Media for Music Information Retrieval.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published