- Full Description
This book throws a lifeline to designers wading through mounds of antenna array patents looking for the most suitable systems for their projects. Drastically reducing the research time required to locate solutions to the latest challenges in automotive communications, it sorts and systematizes material on cutting-edge antenna arrays that feature multi-element communication systems with enormous potential for the automotive industry.These new systems promise to make driving safer and more efficient, opening up myriad applications, including vehicle-to-vehicle traffic that prevents collisions, automatic toll collection, vehicle location and fine-tuning for cruise control systems. This book’s exhaustive coverage begins with currently deployed systems, frequency ranges and key parameters. It proceeds to examine system geometry, analog and digital beam steering technology (including 'smart' beams formed in noisy environments), maximizing signal-to-noise ratios, miniaturization, and base station technology that facilitates in-car connectivity while on the move. An essential guide for technicians working in a fast-developing field, this new volume will be warmly welcomed as a powerful aid in their endeavors.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Performances and Processing Methods.
- Typical Array Geometries and Basic Beam Steering Methods.
- Smart Beamforming: Main Adaptive Techniques.
- Simplified Smart Beamforming.
- Part II: Practical Design for Automotive.
- Base Station Array Examples for Communication with the Vehicle.
- Compact Car Mounted Arrays.
- Radar Arrays for Vehicle Applications.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published