- Full Description
Investors and technology gurus have called big data one of the most important trends to come along in decades. Big Data Bootcamp explains what big data is and how you can use it in your company to become one of tomorrow’s market leaders. Along the way, it explains the very latest technologies, companies, and advancements.
Big data holds the keys to delivering better customer service, offering more attractive products, and unlocking innovation. That’s why, to remain competitive, every organization should become a big data company. It’s also why every manager and technology professional should become knowledgeable about big data and how it is transforming not just their own industries but the global economy.
And that knowledge is just what this book delivers. It explains components of big data like Hadoop and NoSQL databases; how big data is compiled, queried, and analyzed; how to create a big data application; and the business sectors ripe for big data-inspired products and services like retail, healthcare, finance, and education. Best of all, your guide is David Feinleib, renowned entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and author of Why Startups Fail. Feinleib’s Big Data Landscape, a market map featured and explained in the book, is an industry benchmark that has been viewed more than 150,000 times and is used as a reference by VMWare, Dell, Intel, the U.S. Government Accountability Office, and many other organizations. Feinleib also explains:
• Why every businessperson needs to understand the fundamentals of big data or get run over by those who do
• How big data differs from traditional database management systems
• How to create and run a big data project
• The technical details powering the big data revolution
Whether you’re a Fortune 500 executive or the proprietor of a restaurant or web design studio, Big Data Bootcamp will explain how you can take full advantage of new technologies to transform your company and your career.
What youll learn
- Which big data technologies are the most compelling and how to get started using them
- How the intersection of big data, cloud computing, and mobile technologies is opening up huge new markets and opportunities for entrepreneurs and existing businesses alike
- How to find and put to use valuable data sets
- How marketers can use big data applications to pinpoint and appeal to the most likely customers
- How to make much better decisions using big data
Who this book is for
The target audience for this book is business and IT professionals, investors, managers, entrepreneurs and small business owners, and government officials.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Big Data
- The Big Data Landscape
- Your Big Data Roadmap
- Big Data at Work
- Why a Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
- The Intersection of Big Data, Mobile, and Cloud Computing
- Doing a Big Data Project
- The Next Billion-Dollar IPO: Big Data Entrepreneurship
- Reach More Customers with Better Data—and Products
- How Big Data Is Changing the Way We Live
- Big Data Opportunities in Education
- Capstone Case Study: Big Data Meets Romance
- Big Data Resources
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published