- Full Description
The Xamarin tool suite, Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS, is a bridge from .NET into the world of native mobile development. It gives C# developers a direct line into native Android, iOS, and Windows Phone development, allowing them to build business apps for the Google Play and iTunes app stores. Use this book to navigate and excel at cross-platform mobile app development using .NET.
Learn how to leverage Xamarin.Forms to optimize cross-platform development using the most common UI pages, layouts, views, controls, and UI patterns. Combine these with platform-specific UI to craft a visually stunning and highly interactive mobile user experience.
Data binding and decoupling of UI and business logic are key techniques for mobile app development and cross-platform code reuse. Blueprints for the mobile data layer involve background data-loading and offline access using local data structures synchronized using web services.
This comprehensive recipe and reference book addresses one of the most important and vexing problems in the software industry today: How do we effectively design and develop cross-platform native mobile applications?
What youll learn
- How to build world-class mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone using C#
- The latest Xamarin techniques for cross-platform UI using Xamarin.Forms
- When and how to use platform-specific features such as UI and gesture handling
- Data-binding, local data access, data synchronization, and web services for mobile apps
- Cross-platform architecture and design to maximize portability and code reuse
Who this book is for
C#, ASP.NET developers, architects, and technical managers as well as many Android and iOS developers
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
5. Lists and Tables
8. Advanced Forms
9. Native UI
10. Local Data Access
11. Web Services
13 Cross-Platform Code Sharing
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published