- Full Description
Xamarin Mobile Application Development is a hands-on Xamarin.Forms primer and a cross-platform reference for building native Android, iOS, and Windows Phone apps using C# and .NET. This book explains how to use Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Android, and Xamarin.iOS to build business apps for your customers and consumer apps for Google Play and the iTunes App Store.
Learn how to leverage Xamarin.Forms for cross-platform development using the most common UI pages, layouts, views, controls, and design patterns. Combine these with platform-specific UI to craft a visually stunning and highly interactive mobile user experience.
Use Xamarin.Forms to data bind your UI to both data models and to view models for a Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) implementation. Use this book to answer the important question: Is Xamarin.Forms right for my project?
Platform-specific UI is a key concept in cross-platform development, and Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS are the foundation of the Xamarin platform. Xamarin Mobile Application Development will cover how to build an Android app using Xamarin.Android and an iOS app using Xamarin.iOS while sharing a core code library.
SQLite is the database-of-choice for many Xamarin developers. This book will explain local data access techniques using SQLite.NET and ADO.NET. Build a mobile data access layer (DAL) using SQLite and weigh your options for web services and enterprise cloud data solutions.
This book will show how organize your Xamarin code into a professional-grade application architecture. Explore solution-building techniques from starter-to-enterprise to help you decouple your functional layers, manage your platform-specific code, and share your cross-platform classes for code reuse, testability, and maintainability.
Also included are 250+ screenshots on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone and 200+ C# code examples with downloadable C# and XAML versions available from Apress.com.
This comprehensive recipe and reference book addresses one of the most important and vexing problems in the software industry today: How do we effectively design and develop cross-platform mobile applications?
What youll learn
- How to build world-class mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone using C#
- How to organize your Xamarin code into a professional-grade application architecture
- The latest Xamarin techniques for cross-platform UI using Xamarin.Forms
- When and how to use platform-specific UI
- Data binding, local data access, enterprise cloud data solutions, and building a data access layer for mobile apps
- Cross-platform architecture to maximize portability and code reuse
Who this book is for
C#, ASP.NET developers, architects, and technical managers as well as many Android and iOS developers
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Mobile Development Using Xamarin
2. Building Mobile User Interfaces
3. UI Design Using Layouts
4. User Interaction Using Controls
5. Making a Scrollable List
7. Data Access and Data Binding
8. Custom Renderers
9. Cross-Platform Architecture
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published