- Full Description
Real World ASP.NET: Building a Content Management System provides web developers with a cost-effective way to develop a content management system within Microsoft's .NET Framework. Unlike other .NET books on ASP.NET that teach technologies on a piecemeal basis, this book explains the underlying technologies and also shows how they are integrated into a complete ASP.NET application suitable for many organizations. Complete source code written in C# and ASP.NET is included, which will enable web developers to create a dynamic content site at a fraction of the cost of a commercial solution. You will learn about the following:
- Content management system: This system used to manage the content of a website consists of the content management, metacontent management, and content delivery applications.
- C# and ASP.NET: These underlying technologies are introduced and then applied extensively.
- ADO.NET: All aspects relevant to dynamic content management are covered.
- XML: Extensible Markup Language (XML) is introduced and then applied in the programmatic updating of the config.web file.
- Authentication, authorization, and encryption: These topics are discussed in the book, especially with regard to protected content and system administration.
- Personalization: Many key technologies are used to make the CMS solution truly user-friendly.
Real-World ASP.NET: Building a Content Management System is the complete hands-on guide to mastering the art of content management systems and website development using the .NET Framework.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published