- Full Description
The technical book market today is flooded with a slew of titles on how to build applications with the .NET technology, and many are undoubtedly very good. But the majority of these titles simply take a "how-to" approach on programming with the .NET Framework. They often pay little more than cursory attention to the real-world issues and challenges that developers face. Performance is one of those challenges.
This book is for intermediate to advanced .NET developers who need answers to the hard questions on how to build high-performance ASP.NET applications. Authors Jeffrey Hasan and Kenneth Tu focus on how to make good design decisions for performance. They discuss how to develop applications with performance in mind. And they pay special attention to the tools available to developers to quantify and monitor performance issues and to diagnose performance problems more quickly.
Infused with the authors' collective experiences, gathered from years of building high-performance web applications, this is a book that developers will want to keep on the shelf for a long time.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Introducing ASP.NET Applications
- Writing Optimized Data Access Code
- Optimizing Application and Session State Management
- Caching ASP.NET Applications
- Writing Optimized Web Services
- Stress Testing and Monitoring ASP.NET Applications
- Debugging and Tracing ASP.NET Applications
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published