- Full Description
Beginning Web Programming in C#: From Novice to Professional will teach you the fundamentals of the web environment and how Visual Studio .NET (VS .NET) makes it accessible to C# programmers. Youll build a working website that demonstrates all the elements of a C# web application, through step-by-step examples that explore the essential technologies and how VS .NET helps you integrate them into a highly interactive, attractive web application.
What youll learn
- Create dynamic web pages with ASP.NET web forms and web server controls
- Display and manipulate data using ADO.NET and VS .NET components
- Persist state in different ways, within the "stateless" web environment
- Create XML files and XML schema, and use them for data transfer
- Integrate your web applications with others through web services
- Make your application more secure via the security features in ASP.NET and IIS
- Eliminate bugs and unexpected failures through effective debugging and exception-handling techniques
- Improve the performance of your application and prepare it for release
Also available in a VB .NET version!
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published