- Full Description
Expert .NET 2.0 IL Assember drills down into the internal structures and operations of the .NET common language runtime and teaches you how to master the IL assembly language, ILAsm. The rule of thumb is that if the runtime can do it, ILAsm must be able to express it. This book is ideal if youre a compiler and tool developer, a developer working on multi-language .NET projects, or if you just want to develop tighter, faster code for the .NET Framework.
- This comprehensive book provides a spectrum of information, from IL Assembler and Disassembler to metadata structures and exception handling.
- This is the second edition of a successful and well-respected .NET 1.1 book.
- Includes detailed, hard-to-find information on the APIs exposed by the .NET 2.0 runtime.
- This is the only definitive guide to Microsoft IL on .NET 2.0.
Topics include managed executable file structure, metadata table structure, Microsoft IL instructions, structured exception handling, managed and unmanaged code interoperation, executable file generation, and metadata manipulation API exposed by the common language runtime.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Simple Sample
- Enhancing the Code
- Making the Coding Easier
- The Structure of a Managed Executable File
- Metadata Tables Organization
- Modules and Assemblies
- Namespaces and Classes
- Primitive Types and Signatures
- Fields and Data Constants
- Generic Types
- Generic Methods
- IL Instructions
- Managed Exception Handling
- Events and Properties
- Custom Attributes
- Security Attributes
- Managed and Unmanaged Code Interoperation
- Multilanguage Projects
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published