- Full Description
Accelerated VB 2005 provides the fastest path to Visual Basic expertise for anyone already familiar with object-oriented programming. While books introduce VB, very few also explain optimizing its use with the .NET common language runtime (CLR). But this book both teaches core VB language concepts and covers in depth the concepts and techniques for professionally exploiting the power of VB and the CLR.
You'll quickly master VB syntax while learning how the CLR simplifies many programming tasks. You'll also learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient, reusable, and robust. Why spend many months or years discovering the best ways to design and code VB, when this book will show you how to do things the right way, right from the start?
- Youll quickly gain thorough understanding of VB 2005.
- This book covers the all new features of VB 2005.
- Authors Guy Fouché and Trey Nash describe and explain VB best practices.
- The book presents canonical forms for VB classes and interfaces.
- Examples demonstrate bullet-proof, exception-safe code and efficient multithreaded applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- VB 2005 Overview
- VB 2005 and the CLR
- VB Syntax
- Classes and Structures
- Methods, Properties, and Fields
- Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Encapsulation
- Operator Overloading
- Exception Handling
- Working with Strings
- Arrays and Collections
- Delegates and Events
- Canonical Forms
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published