- Full Description
Whether youre moving to .NET for the first time, or youre already writing applications on .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.0, Pro VB 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform will provide you with a solid grounding in this technology and serve as a comprehensive reference throughout your coding career:
- Explore five new chapters of contentincluding the grammar of the common intermediate language (CIL), .NET generics, and object serialization services.
- Discover all the new .NET 3.5 featuresnullable types, delegate covariance, ASP.NET 2.0 master pages, the new Windows Forms Strip controls, and much more.
- Get a professional footholdtargeted to appeal to experienced software professionals and/or graduate students of computer science (so dont expect three chapters on iteration or decision constructs!).
- Gain a rocksolid foundation in programming using Visual Basic.
- Get comfortable with all the core aspects of the .NET platformincluding assemblies, remoting, Windows Forms, Web Forms, ADO.NET, XML web services, and much more.
Once youve digested the information contained in the 25 chapters of this 1000+ page book, youll be ready to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments and well equipped to explore the .NET universe on your own.
What youll learn
- Everything you need to put .NET 3.5 and Visual Basic 2008 to use in your professional workbefore anyone else!
- Insights and techniques from the authors experience since .NET 1.0
- Complete coverage of .NET 3.5WPF, WCF and WF
Who this book is for
Anyone with some software development experience interested in the new .NET 3.5 platform and the Visual Basic language. Whether youre moving to .NET for the first time or youre already writing applications on .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.0, this book will provide you with a solid grounding in this new technology and serve as a comprehensive reference throughout your coding career.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page 66:The FunWithModules program closes immediately after the last line is written. I can't tell if the code worked!
On page 97:last line:
int sum = (byte)Add(b1,b2)
is this should be corrected as
int sum = (int)Add(b1,b2)
On page 101:
Do While X = ""
' Some code to loop over
The commentary is
"Keep looping as long as X is NOT equal to an empty string."
It should be
"Keep looping as long as X is equal to an empty string."