- Full Description
Many books introduce C#, but if you don't have the time to read 1,200 pages, Accelerated C# 2008 gives you everything you need to know about C# 2008 in a concentrated 500 pages of must-know information and best practices.
C# 2008 offers powerful new features, and Accelerated C# 2008 is the fastest path to mastery, for both experienced C# programmers moving to C# 2008 and programmers moving to C# from another object-oriented language.
Youll quickly master C# syntax while learning how the CLR simplifies many programming tasks. Youll also learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient, reusable, and robust. Why spend months or years discovering the best ways to design and code C# when this book will show you how to do things the right way, right from the start?
- Comprehensively and concisely explains both C# 2005 and C# 2008 features
- Focuses on the language itself and on how to use C# 2008 proficiently for all .NET application development
- Concentrates on how C# features work and how to best use them for robust, highperformance code
What youll learn
- How C# works with and exploits the CLR
- How to use arrays, collections, and iterators
- How to handle events with delegates and anonymous functions
- How to design and use generic types and methods
- How to thread efficiently and robustly
- How to use the C# 2008 anonymous types, lamba expressions, and extension methods
Who this book is for
If youre an experienced C# programmer, you need to understand how C# has changed with C# 2008. If youre an experienced objectoriented programmer moving to C#, you want to ramp up quickly in the language while learning the latest features and techniques. In either case, this book is for you. The first three chapters succinctly present C# fundamentals, for those new to or reviewing C#. The rest of the book covers all the major C# features, in great detail, explaining how they work and how best to use them. Whatever your background or need, you'll treasure this book for as long as you code in C# 2008.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published