- Full Description
Having a website is almost mandatory, whether you are an individual promoting yourself, part of a company showcasing its products or services, or even a member of a band promoting its music, for instance. Unless you want to hire an expert to put your web site together, youll need a good deal of experience and knowledge of web technologies to make your site look professional and convincing. Microsoft Office Live provides a complete solution for creating attractive and effective web sites through a series of easy-to-use interfaces. The basic version is free, and you dont need any coding knowledge to start making use of it.
Learn all the basic functions with Beginning Microsoft Office Live and get advice on how to improve site usability for your visitors, plus explore more advanced topics. Your website will soon be better designed and even more effective once youve mastered the more sophisticated aspects, such as sending e-mail to and from your site and adding dynamic functionality.
- Create your own web site without any coding knowledgeANYONE can use Microsoft Office Live!
- Learn how to use all the standard functions
- Improve your web siteyoull easily grasp the more advanced topics, such as improving site design and usability, e-mail, and adding dynamic functionality
What youll learn
- What the different parts of the Office Live family are and its capabilities
- How to sign up for Office Live and get a domain for your web site
- What the most important aspects of creating a web site are
- How to create a new site and add pages to it
- How to manage resources such as images and documents
- How to improve your sites look and feel
- How to make web site easier for your visitors to use
- How to make your site easier to find on the Web
- How to send e-mails to and from your site
- How to manage your site effectively
Who this book is for
This book (and Office Live itself) is for anyone who wants to create a website, but doesnt have much in the way of coding knowledge.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published