- Full Description
Debra Dalgleish, Microsoft Office Excel "Most Valuable Professional" since 2001, and an expert and trainer in Excel, brings together a one-stop resource for anyone curious about representing, analyzing, and using their data with PivotTables and PivotCharts. Youll find this book inimitable when facing any new or difficult problem in PivotTables, covering the entire breadth of situations you could ever encounter, from planning and creating, to formatting and extracting data, to maximizing performance and troubleshooting.
The author presents tips and techniques in this collection of recipes that cant be found in Excels Help section, while carefully explaining the most confusing features of PivotTables to help you realize their powerful potential.
The chapters in this book have been organized into a collection of recipes to take you step by step from the problem you are experiencing to the solution you are aiming for. Without fuss, youll find clear and precise information to help you assess your situation, whether common or unique, and solve your problem. Working examples of complex PivotTables and numerous PivotTable programming examples will help you solve problems quickly, without the need to digest heavy content.
What youll learn
- How to create and format PivotTables to be as attractive as they are useful
- How to reuse prepackaged recipe code to put PivotTables to work in a variety of data-driven scenarios
- How to determine why results of your computations and charting might not match what you expect and how to understand and fix those problems
- Related programming techniques using working examples of advanced PivotTables
Who this book is for
This book is a must-have resource for anyone who uses Excel frequently.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Sorting and Filtering Pivot Table Data
- Calculations in a Pivot Table
- Formatting a Pivot Table
- Grouping and Totaling Pivot Table Data
- Modifying a Pivot Table
- Updating a Pivot Table
- Pivot Table Security, Limits, and Performance
- Printing and Extracting Pivot Table Data
- Pivot Charts
- Programming a Pivot Table
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published