- Full Description
Video is one of the most exciting features on today's Internet, with widespread adoption being made possible by advances in bandwidth and software. But simply streaming video clips to Web users is only the tip of the iceberg! Flash CS3 offers a whole host of advanced video features, allowing you to create breathtaking user experiences.
And this book, the second edition of the critically-acclaimed Foundation Flash 8 Video, shows you how to make the most of video in Flash CS3. The authors start with the basics of creating video ready for use on the web using popular applications such as Windows Movie Maker and iMovie, creating FLV (Flash video) using both Flash and other applications such as Sorenson Squeeze, and importing that video into Flash.
With that out the way, they then turn their attention to essential practical techniques, such as creating and customizing video players, applying blends and filters to Flash video, effective use of video alpha channel and masks, captioning, cue points, interactivity using the Camera object, going full screen, and much more.
This edition is fully-updated for Flash CS3 and ActionScript 3.0, and includes many new examples.
- Learn how to create video for the web using popular applications such as iMovie and Movie Maker, and turn it into Flash Video using Flash, and other tools such as Sorenson Squeeze
- Learn several essential practical techniques for manipulating video in Flash
- Updated for Flash CS3 and ActionScript 3.0, with new examples
What youll learn
- All the essential video features of Flash CS3 and ActionScript 3.0
- How to create video using iMovie and Windows Movie Maker
- How to process that video into Flash Video (FLV) using Flash, Sorenson Squeeze, and Flix Pro
- How to create a video player and customize it
- How to apply fantastic filters and blend modes to your video
- How to use masks with video
- How to create applications with multiple videos
- How to allow the user to interact with your Flash using the camera object
- How to add captions to your video
- How to work will full screen video
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to learn Flash video from the ground up.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 69:The first line missing from the printed code: "using System;"
Also the one the three following lines it should be "using" not "Using"