- Full Description
Gain a fundamental understanding of Pythons syntax and features with the second edition of Beginning Python, an uptodate introduction and practical reference. Covering a wide array of Pythonrelated programming topics, including addressing language internals, database integration, network programming, and web services, youll be guided by sound development principles. Ten accompanying projects will ensure you can get your hands dirty in no time.
Updated to reflect the latest in Python programming paradigms and several of the most crucial features found in Python 3.0 (otherwise known as Python 3000), advanced topics, such as extending Python and packaging/distributing Python applications, are also covered.
What youll learn
- Become a proficient Python programmer by following along with a friendly, practical guide to the languages key features
- Write code faster by learning how to take advantage of advanced features such as magic methods, exceptions, and abstraction
- Gain insight into modern Python programming paradigms including testing, documentation, packaging, and distribution
- Learn by following along with ten interesting projects, including a P2P filesharing application, chat client, video game, remote text editor, and more
- Complete, downloadable code is provided for each project!
Who this book is for
Programmers, novice and otherwise, seeking a comprehensive introduction to the Python programming language.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 33:>>> greeting[-1]
is a typo should read:
On page 115:
In the Note section hasattr(func, __call__) should be hasattr(func, "__call__")
On page 268:"if __exit__ returns false, any exceptions are suppressed"
Should be true according to PEP-343
"IMPORTANT: if mgr.__exit__() returns a "true" value, the exception is "swallowed". "
On page 302:In Listing 13-1 field_count is not defined.
On page 407:
There is no closing tag for <head>
On page 511:</a>' => </a>