- Full Description
'Acrobat® and PDF for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction' is a practical guide focusing on the applications of PDF in the solution of 'engineering' problems which may arise in various disciplines from architecture to construction. Using real-world examples, the authors follow a project from design through build and long-term maintenance. Readers can take full advantage of the power of PDF in an engineering environment by employing: review tracking; geo-referenced drawings; common format CAD and configuration management; reduced review and approval time with better document control; and project management advice. Chapter summaries, example and sample projects followed throughout the book demonstrating the use of the various PDF capabilities introduced and end-of-chapter exercises facilitate self-teaching. For professionals of all walks of life from electrical, civil and mechanical engineers to architects and construction managers with levels of expertise ranging from the intermediate to advanced.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction. The AEC Workflow.
- Overview of Adobe Acrobat 7.
- Creating Package Components from Documents.
- Creating Other Package Components.
- Converting AEC File Formats.
- Assembling the Package.
- Modifying Content in the Package.
- Using Acrobat Forms and Databases.
- Commenting and Reviewing.
- Using Other Features and Functions.
- PDF Mapping.
- Acrobat for AEC Knowledge Management.
- Putting it all Together.
- Appendices: System Requirements; Acrobat 7 and Adobe Reader 7 Accessibility.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published