- Full Description
This tightly-edited collection of papers from leading researchers worldwide provides an overview of the current state-of-the-art in the field of multimedia data mining and knowledge discovery, and discusses the variety of hot topics in multimedia data mining research. Consisting of an introductory section and four topical parts, the book describes the objectives and current tendencies in multimedia data mining research and their applications. Each part contains an overview of its chapters and leads the reader with a structured approach through the diverse subjects in the field. Written with graduates in mind, this much needed comprehensive reflection of the current state of multimedia data mining and knowledge discovery will also be a valuable resource for researchers in the field. This book provides an overview of the current state of the art in the field of multimedia data mining and knowledge discovery, and discusses the variety of hot topics in multimedia data mining research. Topics and Features: - Features a comprehensive introduction to multimedia data mining and its relevance today; - presents a global perspective of the field and its various components; - provides broad, yet thorough and detailed coverage of the subject; - numerous chapters reference websites with supplementary materials and demonstrations; - explores multimedia data exploration, multimedia data modeling and evaluation, and visualization; - offers an entire part devoted to applications and case studies. Written with graduate students in mind, this much needed comprehensive survey of the current state of multimedia data mining and knowledge discovery will also serve as a valuable resource for researchers with interests in multimedia data mining, summarization, indexing, and retrieval.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Introduction.
- Introduction into Multimedia Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
- Multimedia Data Exploration and Visualization.
- Resolution Clustering of Time Series and Application to Images.
- Mining Rare and Frequent Events in Multi
- camera Surveillance Video.
- Visual Mining through Cluster Hierarchies.
- Multimedia Data Indexing and Retrieval.
- Context Enforcement for Enhancing Semantic Multimedia Content Detection.
- New image retrieval principle: Image mining and visual ontology.
- Automating the Construction of Scene Classifiers for Content
- Based Video Retrieval.
- Multimedia Data Modeling and Evaluation.
- Video Event Mining via Multimodal Content Analysis and Classification.
- based Mining of Hierarchical Data from Multiple Sources.
- A Machine Learning Approach to Expressive Performance in Jazz Standards.
- Applications and Case Studies.
- Video Data Mining: Mining Semantic Rules from Raw Level Metadata in a Movie.
- Camera People Localization in an Indoor Environment.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published