- Full Description
This book provides a timely and first-of-its-kind collection of papers on anatomy ontologies. It is interdisciplinary in its approach, bringing together the relevant expertise from computing and biomedical studies, and covers both theoretical and applied aspects with the emphasis being on newer work relevant to the emerging Semantic Web. The book aims to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of the foundations of anatomical ontologies and the-state-of-the-art in terms of existing tools and applications. It also highlights challenges that remain today and which have to be considered when dealing with anatomy-based information on the Semantic Web. Primarily aimed at readers who will be involved in developing the Semantic Web or Semantic Web applications in the areas of Life Sciences, Bio-Medical Sciences and /or Health Care, this book will be relevant to those who will further develop anatomy ontologies, those who will use them, and those involved in the actual development of relevant (semantic) web applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Anatomical Ontologies for Model Organisms.
- Plant Structure Ontology (PSO).
- Anatomy for Clinical Terminology.
- The Foundational Model of Anatomy Ontology.
- Towards a Disease Ontology.
- Part II: Engineering and Linking of anatomy Ontologies.
- Ontology alignment and Merging.
- COBrA and COBrA
- Searching Biomedical Literature with Anatomy Ontologies.
- Part III: Anatomy Ontologies and Spatio
- Temporal Atlases.
- Anatomical Ontologies.
- Time in anatomy.
- The Edinburgh Mouse Atlas.
- The Smart Atlas.
- Part IV: Anatomy Ontologies: Modelling Principles.
- Modeling Principles and Methodologies: Relations in anatomical Ontologies.
- Modelling Principles and Methodologies: Spatial Representation and Reasoning.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published