- Full Description
The need for resolution of knowledge inconsistency arises in many practical applications of computer systems. This kind of inconsistency results from the use of various resources of knowledge in realizing practical tasks. These resources often are autonomous and use different mechanisms for processing knowledge about the same real world. This can lead to inconsistency. This book provides a wide snapshot of intelligent technologies for inconsistency resolution. Features and topics include: Knowledge inconsistency resolving; consensus and conflict theories; inconsistency of knowledge – syntactic and semantic; methods based on inconsistency measures for inconsistency processing; knowledge conflict profiles; conflicts of ontologies; practical aspects of applications of proposed methods. This book presents state-of-the-art research, filling a void in the literature within the field and offers researchers and graduates an invaluable source of reference on the topic.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Inconsistency of Knowledge: Introduction.
- Model of Knowledge on Conflict.
- Consensus as a Tool for Conflict Solving.
- Model for Knowledge Integration.
- Processing Inconsistency on Syntactic Level.
- Processing Inconsistency on Semantic Level.
- Consensus for Fuzzy Conflict Profiles.
- Processing Inconsistency of Expert Knowledge.
- Ontology Integration.
- Application of Inconsistency Resolution Methods in Intelligent Learning Systems.
- Processing Inconsistency in Information Retrieval.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published