- Full Description
Biometrics technology continues to stride forward with its wider acceptance and its perceived need in various new security facets of modern society. Biometrics is being required to meet the growing challenges of identity management. While biometrics finds use in all diverse applications, the research challenges continue to grow as the user community expects a fully automatic system to cover the whole universal population with almost no errors. Recent advances in biometrics include new developments in sensors, modalities and algorithms. As new sensors are designed, newer challenges emerge in the algorithms for accurate recognition. New modalities have been discovered in addition to the fusion of existing modalities to improve accuracy and wider coverage. Written for researchers, advanced students and practitioners to use as a handbook, this volume captures the very latest state-of-the-art research contributions from leading international researchers in the field.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents. Multispectral Fingerprint Image Acquisition.
- Touchless fingerprinting Technology.
- Ultrasonic Sensors for Capturing Livescan of Fingerprint Biometrics.
- Palm Vein Authentication.
- Finger Vein Authentication Technology and financial Applications.
- Iris Recognition in Less Constrained Environments.
- Ocular Biometrics: Simultaneous Capture and Analysis of the Retina and iris.
- based Speaker Recognition Combining Acoustic and Stylistic Features.
- based On
- line Signature Verification.
- Writer Identification and Verification.
- Improved Iris Recognition Using Probabilistic Information from Correlation Filters.
- Pose and Illumination Issues in Face and Gait
- based Human Identification.
- based Face Reconstruction in Degraded Images.
- Fingerprint Synthesis and Spoof Detection.
- Card for Secure and Scalable Biometric Authentication.
- Privacy and Security Enhancements in Biometrics.
- Adaptive Biometric Systems that can Improve with Use.
- Biometric Standards.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published