- Full Description
The emergence and widespread use of personal computers and network technologies have seen the development of interest in the use of computers to support cooperative work. This volume presents the proceedings of the tenth European conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW). This is a multidisciplinary area that embraces the development of new technologies grounded in actual cooperative practices. These proceedings contain a collection of papers addressing novel interaction technologies for CSCW systems, new models and architectures for groupware systems, studies of communication and coordination among mobile actors, studies of cooperative work in complex settings, studies of groupware systems in actual use in real-world settings, and theories and techniques to support the development of cooperative applications. The papers present emerging technologies alongside new methods and approaches to the development of this important class of applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents: What did I miss? Visualizing the past through video traces.
- Social bookmarking and exploratory search.
- Instrumental action: the timely exchange of implements during surgical operations.
- request and request behaviours within elderly day care: Implications for developing service robots for use in multiparty settings.
- Designing family photo displays.
- The Awareness Network: To whom should I display my actions? And, whose actions should I monitor.
- '…and do it the usual way': fostering awareness of work conventions in document
- mediated collaboration.
- A safe space to vent: Conciliation and conflict in distributed teams.
- synchronous conflict detection and resolution in asynchronous software development.
- based metonymic search in activity
- centric aggregation service.
- The distributed work of local action: Interaction amongst virtually collocated research teams.
- Bringing round
- robin signature to computer
- mediated communication
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published