- Full Description
The purpose of Interactive Visualization is to develop new scientific methods to increase scientists’ abilities to explore data and to understand better the results of experiments based on extensive calculations. These techniques not only provide users with a possibility to view the data but also permit them to use interaction capabilities to interrogate and navigate through datasets and communicate these insights. This book is a unique multi-disciplinary collection of scientific articles, which provides readers with insight in Interactive Visualization from various perspectives, representing the state-of-the-art with the special emphasis on: Advanced visualization algorithms and methods, Interactive data exploration, Display systems and interaction techniques, Multi-modal and collaborative visualization, Design and evaluation of interactive visualization tools and systems, Various application topics.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I Introduction.
- Overview of Interactive Visualization.
- Part II Challenges in Data Mapping.
- Visualization of Information Uncertainty: Progress and Challenges.
- Parallel Co
- ordinates: Interactive Visualization for High Dimensions.
- Interactive Particle Visualization.
- Visual Parameters and Transfer Functions.
- Part III Design and Evaluation.
- Gaining Greater Insight through Interactive Visualization.
- A Human Factors Perspective.
- Perceptual and Design Principles for Effective Interactive Visualizations.
- Applying a User
- centred Approach to Interactive Visualization Design.
- A Visualization Framework for Collaborative Virtual Environment Usage Information.
- Part IV Novel User Interfaces.
- Reality Based Interactive Scientific Visualization Environments.
- Interactive Molecular Visualization at the Interface.
- Point, Talk, and Publish: Visualization and the Web.
- Part V Integrating Visualization and Modeling.
- Extending Measurement Science to Interactive Visualization Environments.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published