- Full Description
This comprehensive and innovative handbook covers aspects of biometrics from the perspective of recognizing individuals at a distance, in motion, and under a surveillance scenario. Features: Starts with a thorough introductory chapter; Provides topics from a range of different perspectives offered by an international collection of leading researchers in the field; Contains selected expanded contributions from the 5th IAPR International Summer School for Advanced Studies on Biometrics for Secure Authentication; Investigates issues of iris recognition, gait recognition, and touchless fingerprint recognition, as well as various aspects of face recognition; Discusses multibiometric systems, and machine learning techniques; Examines biometrics ethics and policy; Presents international standards in biometrics, including those under preparation. This state-of-the-art volume is designed to help form and inform professionals, young researchers, and graduate students in advanced biometric technologies.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Advances in Remote Biometrics.
- Biometrics at a Distance: Issues, Challenges and Prospects.
- Iris Recognition: Beyond One Meter.
- View Invariant Gait Recognition.
- Advanced Technologies for Touchless Fingerprint Recognition.
- Face Recognition in Humans and Machines.
- Face Recognition at a Distance: System Issues.
- Long Range Facial Image Acquisition and Quality.
- A Review of Video
- based Face Recognition Algorithms.
- 3D Face Recognition: Technology and Applications.
- Machine Learning Techniques for Biometrics.
- Multibiometric Systems: Overview, Case Studies and Open Issues.
- Ethics and Policy of Biometrics.
- Part II: Selected Contributions from Students of the International Summer School on Biometrics.
- Assessment of a Footstep Biometric Verification System.
- Keystroke Dynamics
- based Credential Hardening Systems.
- Detection of Singularities in Fingerprint Images using Linear Phase Portraits.
- based Fingerprint Recognition.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published