- Full Description
Most of the chapters in this book are extended papers from Research Learning in Virtual Environments (reLIVE08), an international conference held by the UK Open University in Milton Keynes in November 2008. Authors of the best papers and presentations from the conferences were invited to contribute to Research Learning in Virtual Worlds, the first book to specifically address research methods and related issues for education in virtual worlds. The book covers a range of research undertaken in virtual worlds. It opens with an accessible introduction both to the book and to the subject area, making it an ideal springboard for those who are new to research in this area. The subsequent ten chapters present work covering a range of research methodologies across a broad discipline base, providing essential reading for advanced undergraduate or postgraduate researchers working in education in virtual worlds, and engaging background material for researchers in similar and related disciplines.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1. Virtual Environments: Issues and Opportunities for Researching Inclusive Educational Practices.
- 2. Learning, Teaching and Ambiguity in Virtual Worlds.
- 3. The Second Life Researcher Toolkit.
- 4. The Schome Park Programme: Exploring Educational Alternatives.
- 5. New Literacies in Schome Park.
- 6. The Third Place in Second Life: Real Life Community in a Virtual World.
- 7. Design and Delivery of Game
- based Learning for Virtual Patients in Second Life: Initial Findings.
- 8. Learning and Teaching in Virtual Worlds: Boundaries, Challenges and Opportunities.
- 9. Mixed
- Methods and Mixed
- Worlds: Engaging in Globally Distributed User Groups for Extended Evaluation and Studies.
- 10. This is not a Game
- Social Virtual Worlds, Fun and Learning.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published