- Full Description
This is the first book devoted to both SVG and X3D as a new and universal means of visualizing information. It presents the state-of-the-art research emerging in this novel area and introduces SVG and X3D fundamentals and leading authoring tools. The key topics covered include: - The foundations of SVG and X3D - Data, information, knowledge and network visualization - Advanced and distributed user interfaces - Visualizing metadata and the Semantic Web - Visual interfaces to Web services - New trends and paradigms in publishing and Interactive TV - Displaying geographically referenced data and chemical structures - Advanced use of Adobe Illustrator and X3D-Edit authoring tools This book will be essential reading not only for researchers, Web developers and graduate students but also for undergraduates and everyone who is interested in using the next-generation computer graphics on their websites.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Using SVG and X3D in Generic Web Applications: SVG and X3D in the Context of the XML Family and the Semantic Web; The Foundations of SVG; X3D Fundamentals; SVG as the Visual Interface to Web Services; X3D Graphics, Java and the Semantic Web; Distributed User Interfaces: Toward SVG 1.2; Publishing Paradigms with X3D.
- Part 2: Applying SVG and X3D to Specific Problems: Visualizing Complex Networks; Applying SVG to Visualization of Chemical Structures and Reactions; Using Metadata
- based SVG and X3D Graphics in Interactive TV; Knowledge Visualization Using Dynamic SVG Charts; Using SVG to Visually Display Geo
- Referenced XML; Using Adobe Illustrator to Create Complex SVG Illustrations; X3D
- Edit Authoring Tool for Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics.
- Concluding Remarks.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published