- Full Description
This 2nd edition has been completely revised and updated, with additional new chapters. It presents state-of-the-art research in this area and focuses on key topics such as: - Visualization of semantic and structural information and metadata in the context of the emerging Semantic Web - Ontology-based Information Visualization and the use of graphically represented ontologies - Semantic Visualizations using Topic Maps and graph techniques - Recommender systems for filtering and recommending on the Semantic Web - SVG and X3D as new XML-based languages for 2D and 3D visualisations - Methods used to construct and visualize high quality metadata and ontologies - Navigating and exploring XML documents using interactive multimedia interfaces The design of visual interfaces for e-commerce and information retrieval is currently a challenging area of practical web development. Most of the techniques and methods discussed can be applied now, making this book essential reading for web developers and end users as well as visualisation researchers.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Semantic, Visual and Technological Facets of the Second Generation Web.
- The Concept and Architecture of the Semantic Web.
- Information Visualisation and the Semantic Web.
- based Information Visualisation: Towards Semantic Web Applications.
- Topic Maps, RDF Graphs and Ontologies Visualization.
- Web Services: Description, Interfaces and Ontology.
- Recommender Systems for the Web.
- SVG and X3D: New XML Technologies for 2D and 3D Visualisation.
- Visual Techniques and Applications for the Semantic Web.
- Using Graphically Represented Ontologies for Searching Content on the Semantic Web.
- Adapting Graph Visualization Techniques for the Visualization of RDF Data.
- embedded Graphs for Semantic Visualization.
- Semantic Association Networks: Using Semantic Web Technology to Improve Scholarly Knowledge and Expertise Management.
- Interactive Interfaces for Mapping E
- commerce Ontologies.
- Back Pain Collection Using Scalable Vector Graphics and Geographical Information Systems.
- Social Network Analysis on the Semantic Web: Techniques and Challenges for visualizing FOAF.
- Concluding Remarks: Today’s Vision of Envisioning the Semantic Future.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published