- Full Description
Software product management and pricing are key success factors for any organization providing software, be it a software company or an organization responsible for software in a company that belongs to a different industry. After defining the term 'software product' and looking at the business and organizational sides, the core elements of software product management and pricing are discussed. Recommendations are given on how to deal with these elements depending on different types of organizations and products in order to achieve the long-term success.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Responsibility for economic success (profitability across the life cycle).
- Definition of the total market and the target market (e.g. national vs. international).
- Scope and Positioning.
- Definition of the packaging (product family vs. single product, name etc.).
- Controlling of Marketing.
- Definition and Controlling of the sales channels.
- License models.
- Value vs. Cost Pricing, Strategic vs. tactical pricing.
- Client for Development.
- Requirements Management.
- Definition and coordination of the support structure.
- Competitive advantages and how to defend them.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published