- Full Description
'Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality in Industry' collects the proceedings of the 2nd Sino-German Workshop on the same topic held in Shanghai on April 16-17, 2009. The papers focus on the latest Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR) technology and its application in industrial processes and presents readers with innovative methods, typical case studies and the latest information on VR/AR basic research results and industrial applications, such as 3D rendering, innovative human-machine design, VR/AR methodology and new tools for assisting in industry, virtual assembly, virtual factory, training and education, etc.The book is intended for computer scientists, IT engineers as well as researchers in Mechanical Engineering.Dr. Dengzhe Ma and Dr. Xiumin Fan are both professors at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China; Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Gausemeier is a professor of Computer-Integrated Manufacturing at the Heinz Nixdorf Institute, University of Paderborn, Germany; Dipl.-Ing. Michael Grafe is a senior engineer in the Product Engineering Research Group at the Heinz Nixdorf Institute, University of Paderborn.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Intelligent Simulated Reality
- Merging Computer Graphics and AI.
- Virtual Prototyping of Mechatronical System Using Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Numerically Controlled Virtual Models for Commissioning, Testing and Training.
- A Framework for Industrial Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications.
- Virtual Testbeds: Advanced Applications of Virtual Reality Technologies for Space, Industry, Construction Sites and Even the Forest.
- Perceptible Presentation of Abstract Products and Services by Using Virtual Reality.
- Interactive Flow Exploration in Virtual Environments.
- New VR and AR Development Tools Used at the Concept Development Phase at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.
- Research on Complex Product Collaborative Virtual Assembly Planning and its Application System.
- Propelling Research and Development of New Vehicle Product Through Virtual Reality.
- Mixed Reality Display Systems and Applications.
- Digital Olympic Museum and Sports Simulation.
- Research on Key Technologies of Full Mission Navigation Simulation System.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published