- Full Description
Many of the initial developments towards the Internet of Things have focused on the combination of Auto-ID and networked infrastructures in business-to-business logistics and product lifecycle applications. However, the Internet of Things is more than a business tool for managing business processes more efficiently and more effectively – it will also enable a more convenient way of life.Since the term Internet of Things first came to attention when the Auto-ID Center launched their initial vision for the EPC network for automatically identifying and tracing the flow of goods within supply-chains, increasing numbers of researchers and practitioners have further developed this vision. The authors in this book provide a research perspective on current and future developments in the Internet of Things. The different chapters cover a broad range of topics from system design aspects and core architectural approaches to end-user participation, business perspectives and applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- An Architectural Approach Towards the Future Internet of Things.
- About the 'Idea of Man' in System Design – An Enlightened Version of the Internet of Things?.
- Enabling the Masses to Become Creative in Smart Spaces.
- The Toolkit Approach for End
- user Participation in the Internet of Things.
- From the Internet of Things to the Web of Things: Resource
- oriented Architecture and Best Practices.
- A Service
- oriented, Semantic Approach to Data Integration for an Internet of Things Supporting Autonomous Cooperating Logistics Processes.
- Resource Management in the Internet of Things: Clustering, Synchronization and Software Agents.
- The Role of the Internet of Things for Increased Autonomy and Agility in Collaborative Production Environments.
- Integrated Billing Solutions in the Internet of Things.
- Business Models for the Internet of Things.
- The DiY Smart Experiences Project.
- Intelligent Cargo – Using Internet of Things Concepts to Provide High Interoperability for Logistics Systems.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published