- Full Description
Advanced Planning Systems (APS) are a key enabler of the supply chain management. However, APS are highly complex and difficult to comprehend. This book provides students with valuable insights into the capabilities of state-of-the-art APS and bridges the gap between theory (model building and solution algorithms), software implementation, and adaptation to a specific business case. Our business case – named Frutado – provides a unifying framework for illustrating the different planning tasks that arise in a company – from demand planning to the distribution of goods – that are addressed by APS. In addition, the book guides through interactive learning units which have been created and recorded for each module of SAP´s APS. Learning units can be downloaded free of charge ready to be displayed in a web browser. Together, the textbook and the learning units provide the required skills to better understand the concepts, models, and algorithms underlying today´s APS.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction (Hartmut Stadtler, Christopher Haub)
- Part I.
- 1 The Frutado Case 11 (Bernhard Fleischmann).
- 2 Hierarchical Planning and the Supply Chain Planning Matrix (Hartmut Stadtler, Bernhard Fleischmann).
- 3 SAP® APO
- Module Matrix and General Principles (Christopher Sürie).
- Part II.
- 4 Demand Planning (DP) (Herbert Meyr).
- 5 Master Planning
- Supply Network Planning (Hartmut Stadtler).
- 6 Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) (Hartmut Stadtler, Christopher Sürie).
- 7 Global Available
- Promise (global ATP) (Bernhard Fleischmann, Sebastian Geier).
- 8 Deployment (Martin Grunow, Poorya Farahani).
- 9 Transportation Planning/Vehicle Scheduling (TP/VS) (Martin Grunow, Bryndís Stefánsdóttir).
- Part III.
- 10 Final Remarks (Hartmut Stadtler).
- About Contributors.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published