- Full Description
The internationalization of the human society and mainly of the economy will continue. It will create threats but also big opportunities to most companies. This is where the book makes its contribution, putting forward suggestions for medium-sized companies to become a winner of internationalization. After a comprehensive introduction to internationalization and to strategic planning, concrete recommendations are made: The book first looks at going international for new markets. Then it shows how to develop an internationalization strategy for production and sourcing. Finally strategic planning in an international company is explained. The book is aimed at company executives, master students and participants of EMBA programs. It is intended to serve as a support for developing successful strategies for going and being international.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Internationalization: Facts and Figures About Internationalization.
- Drivers of Internationalization for Companies.
- Strategic Planning in General and in the International Context: Strategic Planning in General.
- Strategic Planning of a Domestic Company as the Starting Point for Going International.
- Introduction to Strategic Planning in the International Context.
- Strategies for Going International for New Markets: Evaluating New Markets.
- Evaluating Market Entry Modes.
- Developing an Internationalization Strategy for New Markets.
- Strategies for Going International for Production and Sourcing: Evaluating New Production and Sourcing Locations.
- Evaluating Foreign Operation Modes.
- Developing an Internationalization Strategy for Production and Sourcing.
- Strategies for Being International: Determining the Level of Integration and Responsiveness.
- Defining the Strategic Businesses.
- Defining the Strategic Objectives.
- Determining the Level of Standardization and Differentiation of Market Offers.
- Configuring the Value Creation Process and Determining the Operation Modes.
- The Process of Strategic Planning in an International Company.
- Closing Remarks.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published