- Full Description
The India Briefing Guide to Doing Business in India introduces one of the fastest growing economies in the world. The guide provides a thorough overview of India’s key demographics and business opportunities and infrastructure by region. Also included is information on FDI trends, business establishment procedures, economic zones and labor and tax considerations, analysis of Indian business etiquette and culture, and details of procedural, operational and tax differences between India and its economic and geographical neighbor, China. India Briefing’s guides are leaders in their field, providing practical business insights to foreign investors in India.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to India: Key facts and figures.
- Why India matters and where India is going.
- A Brief History of India: Ancient India.
- Independence through present day.
- Political structure.
- Indian Business Etiquette and Culture: Making appointments and greetings.
- Religions and holidays.
- Negotiating a deal and entertaining clients.
- Food, travel and safety.
- Communication challenges.
- Key Sectors for FDI: Investing in Indian public
- private partnerships.
- Investment Policy and Procedure: FDI trends.
- Government initiatives to promote FDI.
- FDI policy and regulations.
- Establishing legal entities: liaison office, project offices, branch offices, private limited companies.
- Tax considerations.
- Trademark and patent applications.
- Special economic and development zones.
- Labor laws and labor costs.
- Demographic and Geographic Overview of India: State and Union Territory overviews.
- India and China Compared: China vs. India, the next 20 years.
- Bilateral trade.
- Establishing business in China vs. India.
- Corporate income taxes compared.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published