- Full Description
Edited volume discusses artificial/computational sapience and sapient systems from a diverse set of contributors Organised into seven sections so that the reader is guided through the subject in a structured and comprehensive manner Concepts are formalized and extended, as well as compared and differentiated from their counterparts in the artificial intelligent and intelligence systems disciplines Applicability of developed concepts are illustrated thoroughly This novel state-of-the-art research volume is the first to explore computational sapience and sapient (wise) systems Of utmost importance to all researchers and graduate students in the field
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Intelligence and Sapience.
- Can Creativity Be Formalized? Peircean Reflections on the Role of Abduction in Human Intelligence.
- On Plasticity, Complexity and Sapient Systems.
- Sapience, Consciousness and the Knowledge Instinct (Prolegomena to a Physical Theory).
- A Real
- time Agent System Perspective of Meaning and Sapience.
- Part2: Sapient Agents.
- Towards BDI Sapient Agents: Learning Intentionally.
- Toward Wisdom in Procedural Reasoning: DBI not BDI.
- Sapients Agents in a Sandbox.
- Sapient Agents: Seven Approaches.
- Part 3: Paradigms for Sapient Systems/Agents.
- A Characterization of Sapient Agents.
- A Paradigm for Sapient (Wise) Systems.
- Sapient Structures for Intelligent Control.
- Paradigms Behind a Discussion on Artificial Intelligent/Smart Systems.
- Part 4: From Sapient Systems/Agents to Sapient Robots.
- Kinetics, Evolution and Sapient Systems.
- Emotions and Sapient Robots.
- Scheme of an Abducing Brain
- based Robot.
- From Robots with Self Inhibiting Modules to Habile Robots.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published