- Full Description
This book investigates the adaptation of cognitive processes to limited resources. The central topics of this book are heuristics considered as results of the adaptation to resource limitations, through natural evolution in the case of humans, or through artificial construction in the case of computational systems; the construction and analysis of resource control in cognitive processes; and an analysis of resource-adaptivity within the paradigm of concurrent computation. The editors integrated the results of a collaborative 5-year research project that involved over 50 scientists. After a motivation of resource-adaptive cognitive processes and self-adaptive systems, the editors organized 22 chapters into 5 sections dealing with resource-bounded and resource-adaptive cognitive processes in human information processing and human-machine systems, and the related technology transfer issues. The book will benefit researchers in the fields of artificial intelligence, computer science, computational linguistics and psychology.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Introduction: Resource
- Adaptive Cognitive Processes.
- adaptive Systems.
- Part 2: Resource
- Bounded Cognitive Processes in Human Information Processing.
- Visuospatial Working Memory as a Limited Resource of Cognitive Processing.
- From Resource
- Adaptive Navigation Assistance to Augmented Cognition.
- Induced Learning as a Resource
- Adaptive Process in Young and Elderly Individuals.
- An ERP Approach to Study Age Differences in Cognitive Control Processes.
- A Simulation Engine for Structural Equation Modeling.
- A Connectionist Model of Situated Sentence Comprehension.
- Conflicting Constraints in Sentence Processing.
- Part 3: Resource
- Adaptive Processes in Human
- Machine: Decision
- Theoretic Adaptation to the Resource Limitations of Users.
- Cooperative Interpretation of Student Utterances in Tutorial Dialogues on Mathematics.
- Smart Shopping in Instrumented Shopping Environments.
- Mathematical Domain Reasoning for Dialogs on Proofs.
- Part 4: Resource
- Adaptive Rationality in Machines: Machine Learning Techniques for Bayesion Networks for User
- Adaptive Systems.
- Sweet Grapes: Technology for Deep Linguistic Processing.
- Solving Dominance Efficiency and Graphs.
- Based Dependency Grammar: Exploration and Classification.
- Adaptive Processes in Automated Reasoning Systems.
- Part 5: Technology Transfer: Introduction: Navigating into the Future: E
- Learning Mathematics with Active Math.
- Syntactic and Semantic Processing for Effective Correction Technology.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published