- Full Description
This comprehensive and innovative handbook covers aspects of biometrics from the perspective of recognizing individuals at a distance, in motion, and under a surveillance scenario. Features: Starts with a thorough introductory chapter; Provides topics from a range of different perspectives offered by an international collection of leading researchers in the field; Contains selected expanded contributions from the 5th IAPR International Summer School for Advanced Studies on Biometrics for Secure Authentication; Investigates issues of iris recognition, gait recognition, and touchless fingerprint recognition, as well as various aspects of face recognition; Discusses multibiometric systems, and machine learning techniques; Examines biometrics ethics and policy; Presents international standards in biometrics, including those under preparation. This state-of-the-art volume is designed to help form and inform professionals, young researchers, and graduate students in advanced biometric technologies.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Advances in Remote Biometrics.
- Biometrics at a Distance: Issues, Challenges and Prospects.
- Iris Recognition: Beyond One Meter.
- View Invariant Gait Recognition.
- Advanced Technologies for Touchless Fingerprint Recognition.
- Face Recognition in Humans and Machines.
- Face Recognition at a Distance: System Issues.
- Long Range Facial Image Acquisition and Quality.
- A Review of Video
- based Face Recognition Algorithms.
- 3D Face Recognition: Technology and Applications.
- Machine Learning Techniques for Biometrics.
- Multibiometric Systems: Overview, Case Studies and Open Issues.
- Ethics and Policy of Biometrics.
- Part II: Selected Contributions from Students of the International Summer School on Biometrics.
- Assessment of a Footstep Biometric Verification System.
- Keystroke Dynamics
- based Credential Hardening Systems.
- Detection of Singularities in Fingerprint Images using Linear Phase Portraits.
- based Fingerprint Recognition.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published