- Full Description
Combinatorial optimization algorithms are used in many applications including the design, management, and operations of communication networks. The objective of this book is to advance and promote the theory and applications of combinatorial optimization in communication networks. Each chapter of the book is written by an expert dealing with theoretical, computational, or applied aspects of combinatorial optimization. Topics covered in the book include the combinatorial optimization problems arising in optical networks, wireless ad hoc networks, sensor networks, mobile communication systems, and satellite networks. A variety of problems are addressed using combinatorial optimization techniques, ranging from routing and resource allocation to QoS provisioning.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents: Information
- Directed Routing in Sensor Networks using Real
- Time Reinforcement Learning.
- Multipath Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Selecting Working Sensors in Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Ad Hoc Networks: Optimization Problems and Solution Methods.
- Routing Optimization in Communications Networks.
- Throughput Analysis of CDMA Wireless Networks based on a Collision Model.
- Evolutionary Methods in Wireless Mobile Computing.
- Quality of Service Provisioning for Adaptive Multimedia in Mobile/Wireless Networks.
- Optimal Server Allocation In Wireless Networks: The Use of Index Policies.
- On the Application of Stochastic Integer Linear Programming in Allocation Policies for Heterogeneous Wireless Networks.
- Optimal Resource Allocation in Multi
- Spot MFTDMA Satellite Networks.
- QoS Provisioning Strategies in LEO Satellite Networks.
- Topological properties of interconnection networks.
- Some Bounded Degree Cayley Graphs and Leader Election.
- Optimization Techniques for Survivable Optical Networks.
- Dynamic Simulcasting: Design and Optimization.
- Genetic Code Based DNA Computation for NP
- complete Problems in Networks.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published