- Full Description
Data networking now plays a major role in everyday life and new applications continue to appear at a blinding pace. Yet we still do not have a sound foundation for designing, evaluating and managing these networks. This book covers topics at the intersection of algorithms and networking. It builds a complete picture of the current state of research on Next Generation Networks and the challenges for the years ahead. Particular focus is given to evolving research initiatives and the architecture they propose and implications for networking. Topics: Network design and provisioning, hardware issues, layer-3 algorithms and MPLS, BGP and Inter AS routing, packet processing for routing, security and network management, load balancing, oblivious routing and stochastic algorithms, network coding for multicast, overlay routing for P2P networking and content delivery. This timely volume will be of interest to a broad readership from graduate students to researchers looking to survey recent research its open questions.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Design for Optimizability.
- Valiant Load
- Geometric Capacity Provisioning for Wavelength
- Switched WDM Networks.
- Spectrum and Interference Management in Next
- Generation Wireless Networks.
- layer Capacity Estimation and Throughput Maximization in Wireless Networks.
- Resource Allocation Algorithms for the Next Generation Cellular Networks.
- Ethernet Based Services for Next Generation Networks.
- Overlay Networks.
- Based Techniques for High
- Speed Packet Processing.
- Fast Packet Pattern Matching Algorithms.
- Anomaly Detection Approaches for Communication Networks.
- Based Anomaly Detection for A Transparent Optical Transmission System.
- Network Monitoring.
- Algebraic Approaches for Scalable End
- End Monitoring and Diagnosis.
- Network Coding and its Applications in Communication Networks.
- Next Generation Search.
- At The Intersection Of Networks And Highly Interactive Online Games.
- Wayfinding in Social Networks.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published