- Full Description
This guide addresses the challenges faced by service providers and the approaches they use to deliver reliable networks and networked application services. The book offers a systematic, inter-disciplinary approach and coverage of practical problems arising in real, operational deployments. Leading practitioners and researchers present their perspectives, and provide 'best practices'. Features: Introduces the challenges of building reliable networks and services; Examines network reliability modeling and network planning; Investigates inter-domain reliability and overlay networks; Explores the critical function of network configuration management; Discusses network measurement and performance monitoring; Covers network management systems; Presents an approach to the design of reliable network application software, and an overview of server capacity and performance engineering. This text is suitable for an advanced undergraduate or graduate course, and will be of value to researchers and practitioners.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Introduction and Reliable Network Design.
- Building Reliable Networks and Networked Application Services.
- Structural Overview of ISP Networks.
- Part II: Reliability Modeling and Network Planning.
- Reliability Metrics for Routers in IP Networks.
- Network Performability Evaluation.
- Robust Network Planning.
- Part III: Inter
- domain Reliability and Overlay Networks.
- domain Routing and Reliability.
- Overlay Networking and Resiliency.
- Part IV: Configuration Management.
- Network Configuration Management.
- Network Configuration Validation.
- Part V: Network Measurement.
- Measurement of Data Plane Reliability and Performance.
- Measurement of Control Plane Reliability and Performance.
- Part VI: Network and Security Management, and Disaster Preparedness.
- Network Management.
- Network Security.
- Disaster Preparedness and Resiliency.
- Part VII: Reliable Application Services.
- Building Large
- scale, Reliable Network Applications.
- Capacity and Performance Engineering for Networked Application Servers.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published