- Full Description
This book provides the reader with a balanced & integrated presentation of the modelling & simulation activity for both Discrete Event Dynamic Systems (DEDS) & Continuous Time Dynamic Systems (CTDS). Unconstrained by discipline boundaries, this book presents the fundamentals necessary to understand the many important facets of the modeling & simulation methodology. For example, a novel project-oriented approach clearly reveals the dependency of model structure & granularity on project goals.Written for students taking a first course in modelling & simulation at either the senior undergraduate & junior graduate levels, this interdisciplinary presentation provides an essential foundation on the topic. It is also ideally suited for self-study by professionals & others who require insight into the features & potential of this rapidly evolving problem solving paradigm.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Modelling and Simulation Process.
- DEDS Modelling and Simulation.
- DEDS Stochastic Behaviour and Data Modelling.
- A Conceptual Modelling Framework for DEDS.
- DEDS simulation Model Development.
- Experimentation and Output Analysis.
- CTDS Modelling and Simulation.
- Modelling of Continuous Time Dynamic Systems.
- Simulation with CTDS Models.
- A1 Probability Primer.
- A2 GPSS Primer.
- A3 Open Desire Primer.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published