- Full Description
This book presents a coherent framework for the analysis & design of algorithms to estimate 3-D shape from defocused & motion blurred images, & to eliminate defocus & motion blur to yield 'restored' images. It provides a collection of algorithms that are optimal with respect to the chosen model & estimation criterion. Topics & Features: • Comprehensive introduction • Basic models of image formation • Discussion of least-squares shape from defocus • Unifying defocus & motion blur • Handling multiple moving objects • Dealing with occlusions • Appendices supply the necessary background in optimization & regularization • www.eps.hw.ac.uk/~pf21/FavaroSoattoBook/downloads contains implementations of relevant algorithms, test data & demos. Written for readers with interests in image processing & computer vision & with backgrounds in engineering, science or mathematics, this highly practical text/reference is accessible to advanced students or those with a degree that includes basic linear algebra & calculus courses.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Visual Cues for Shape and Motion.
- Basic Models of Image Formation.
- When Can 3D Shape Be Reconstructed from Blurred Images?
- A First Solution: Least
- Enforcing Positivity.
- Defocus via Diffusion: Modeling and Reconstruction from Two Views.
- Shape from the Defocus of Multiple Images.
- Modeling Motion
- Blur and Defocus via Diffusion.
- Dealing with Occlusions.
- Conclusions and Open Issues.
- Appendixes: Concepts of Radiometry.
- A PDE Primer.
- Proofs of Propositions.
- Calibration of Defocused Images.
- Matlab® Implementation of Some Algorithms.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published