- Full Description
The computational modelling of deformations has been actively studied for the last thirty years. This is mainly due to its large range of applications that include computer animation, medical imaging, shape estimation, face deformation as well as other parts of the human body, and object tracking. In addition, these advances have been supported by the evolution of computer processing capabilities, enabling realism in a more sophisticated way. This book encompasses relevant works of expert researchers in the field of deformation models and their applications. The book is divided into two main parts. The first part presents recent object deformation techniques from the point of view of computer graphics and computer animation. The second part of this book presents six works that study deformations from a computer vision point of view with a common characteristic: deformations are applied in real world applications. The primary audience for this work are researchers from different multidisciplinary fields, such as those related with Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Computer Imaging, Biomedicine, Bioengineering, Mathematics, Physics, Medical Imaging and Medicine.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- List of Contributors.
- List of Algorithms.
- Part I Fundamentals and animation applications: Deformable Objects Representation, by Pere Palmer, Arnau Mir, and Manuel González
- Free form deformations or deformations non
- constrained by geometries or topologies, by Romain Raffin.
- Cage based deformations: a survey , by Jesús R. Nieto, Antonio Susín.
- Image Gradient Based Level Set Methods in 2D and 3D, by Xianghua Xie, Si Yong Yeo, Majid Mirmehdi, Igor Sazonov, and Perumal Nithiarasu.
- A fast geometric deformation method to adapt a foot to a platform, by J.M. Buades, M. González
- Hidalgo, Francisco J.Perales, S. Ramis
- Guarinos, A. Oliver and E. Montiel.
- based interactive simulation of complex deformable objects, by Benjamin Gilles, Franc¸ois Faure, Guillaume Bousquet, and Dinesh K. Pai.
- Part II Tracking and computer vision applications: Robust Deformable Models for 2D and 3D Shape Estimation, by Jorge S. Marques, Jacinto C. Nascimento, and Carlos Santiago.
- Deformable Face Alignment via Local Measurements and Global Constraints, by Jason M. Saragih.
- based Detection and Tracking in Medical Imaging: A Probabilistic Approach, by Yang Wang, Bogdan Georgescu, Terrence Chen, Wen Wu, Peng Wang, Xiaoguang Lu, Razvan Ionasec, Yefeng Zheng, Dorin Comaniciu.
- A Supervised Graph
- cut Deformable Model for Brain MRI Segmentation, by Laura Igual, Joan Carles Soliva, Antonio Hern´andez
- Vela, Sergio Escalera, Oscar Vilarroya, Petia Radeva.
- Elastic Registration of Edges Using Diffuse Surfaces, by Stefan Furtinger, Stephen Keeling, Gernot Plank, Anton J Prassl.
- Errors in estimates of motion and strain
- tensor in ultrasound elastography, by Mehmet Bilgen.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published