- Full Description
This book describes the landscape of cloud computing from first principles, leading the reader step-by-step through the process of building and configuring a cloud environment. The book not only considers the technologies for designing and creating cloud computing platforms, but also the business models and frameworks in real-world implementation of cloud platforms. Emphasis is placed on “learning by doing,” and readers are encouraged to experiment with a range of different tools and approaches. Topics and features: includes review questions, hands-on exercises, study activities and discussion topics throughout the text; demonstrates the approaches used to build cloud computing infrastructures; reviews the social, economic, and political aspects of the on-going growth in cloud computing use; discusses legal and security concerns in cloud computing; examines techniques for the appraisal of financial investment into cloud computing; identifies areas for further research within this rapidly-moving field.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Cloud Computing Fundamentals.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing.
- Business Adoption Models and Legal Aspects of the Cloud.
- Social, Economic and Political Aspects of the Cloud.
- Part II: Technological Context.
- Cloud Technology.
- Cloud Services.
- Data in the Cloud.
- Cloud and Web Intelligence.
- Part III: Business Context.
- Investment Appraisal.
- Enterprise Cloud Computing.
- Security and Governance.
- Cloud Roadmap.
- Challenges and the Future.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published