- Full Description
The continued advances in wireless communication and positioning technologies such as GPS have made new data management applications possible, such as location-based services (LBS) that store and manage the continuously changing positions of moving objects. 'Moving Objects Management - Models, Techniques and Applications' focuses on moving objects management, from the location management perspective to the exploration of how the continually changing locations affect the traditional database and data mining technology. Specifically, the book describes the topics of moving objects modeling and location updating, indexing and querying, clustering, location uncertainty and privacy issues, as well as their application to intelligent transportation systems. This book is intended for developers of database management systems and mobile applications, research scientists and advanced-level students in computer science and geography. Dr. Xiaofeng Meng is a professor at the School of Information, Renmin University of China; Dr. Jidong Chen is a senior research scientist at EMC Research China, one of the research groups of the EMC Corporation.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Modeling of Moving Objects.
- Indexing of Moving Objects.
- Querying of Moving Objects.
- Location Updating of Moving Objects.
- Trajectory Prediction of Moving Objects.
- Clustering Analysis of Moving Objects.
- Uncertainty of Moving Objects.
- Location Privacy of Moving Objects.
- Application to Intelligent Transportation System.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published