- Full Description
A comprehensive survey of computer network security concepts, methods, and practices. This authoritative volume provides an optimal description of the principles and applications of computer network security in particular, and cyberspace security in general. The book is thematically divided into three segments: Part I describes the operation and security conditions surrounding computer networks; Part II builds from there and exposes readers to the prevailing security situation based on a constant security threat; and Part III - the core - presents readers with most of the best practices and solutions currently in use. It is intended as both a teaching tool and reference. This broad-ranging text/reference comprehensively surveys computer network security concepts, methods, and practices and covers network security tools, policies, and administrative goals in an integrated manner. It is an essential security resource for undergraduate or graduate study, practitioners in networks, and professionals who develop and maintain secure computer network systems.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I : Understanding Computer Network Security.
- Computer Network Fundamentals.
- Understanding Network Security.
- Part II: Security Challenges to Computer Networks.
- Security Threats to Computer Networks.
- Computer Network Vulnerabilities.
- Cyber Crimes and Hackers.
- Hostile Scripts.
- Security Assessment, Analysis, and Assurance.
- Part III: Dealing with Network Security Challenges.
- Access Control and Authorization.
- System Intrusion Detection and Prevention.
- Computer and Network Forensics.
- Virus and Content Filtering.
- Security Evaluations of Computer Products.
- Computer Network Security Protocols and Standards.
- Security in Wireless Networks and Devices.
- Other Efforts to Secure Information and Computer Networks.
- Looking Ahead – Security Beyond Computer Networks.
- Part IV: Projects.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published