- Full Description
This comprehensive guide exposes the security risks and vulnerabilities of computer networks and networked devices, offering advice on developing improved algorithms and best practices for enhancing system security. Fully revised and updated, this new edition embraces a broader view of computer networks that encompasses agile mobile systems and social networks. Features: provides supporting material for lecturers and students, including an instructor’s manual, slides, solutions, and laboratory materials; includes both quick and more thought-provoking exercises at the end of each chapter; devotes an entire chapter to laboratory exercises; discusses flaws and vulnerabilities in computer network infrastructures and protocols; proposes practical and efficient solutions to security issues; explores the role of legislation, regulation, and law enforcement in maintaining computer and computer network security; examines the impact of developments in virtualization, cloud computing, and mobile systems.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Understanding Traditional Computer Network Security.
- Computer Network Fundamentals.
- Understanding Computer Network Security.
- Part II: Security Challenges to Traditional Computer Networks.
- Security Threats to Computer Networks.
- Computer Network Vulnerabilities.
- Cyber Crimes and Hackers.
- Hostile Scripts.
- Security Assessment, Analysis, and Assurance.
- Part III: Dealing with Network Security Challenges.
- Disaster Management.
- Access Control and Authorization.
- System Intrusion Detection and Prevention.
- Computer and Network Forensics.
- Virus and Content Filtering.
- Standardization and Security Criteria: Security Evaluation of Computer Products.
- Computer Network Security Protocols.
- Security in Wireless Networks and Devices.
- Security in Sensor Networks.
- Part IV: Elastic Extension Beyond the Traditional Computer Network – Virtualization, Cloud Computing and Mobile Systems.
- Mobile Communication Systems and Related Security Issues.
- Virtualization Infrastructure and Related Security Issues.
- Cloud Computing and Related Security Issues.
- Other Efforts to Secure Information and Computer Networks.
- Part V: Hands
- On Projects.
- On Projects.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published