- Full Description
This book sets out a vision of ‘intelligent spaces’ and describes the progress that has been made towards realisation. The context for Intelligent Spaces (or iSpaces) is the world where ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and sensor systems disappear as they become embedded into physical objects and the spaces in which we live, work and play. The ultimate vision is that this embedded technology provides us with intelligent and contextually relevant support, augmenting our lives and experience of the physical world in a benign and non-intrusive manner. The ultimate vision is challenging, there are technical barriers, especially in the integration of complex systems and in the creation of intelligent software, as well as social and economic barriers. This book explores what is technically possible and what users will need for the future. Academic and industrial researchers in Computer Science, IT and Communications, as well as practitioners will find this key reading as it delivers practical and implementable current research.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Intelligent Spaces.
- The Socio
- Economic Impact of Pervasive Computing.
- No Pervasive Computing without Intelligent Systems. The Supply Chain.
- Care in the Community.
- Pervasive Home Environments.
- Mixed Reality Application in Urban Environments.
- A Sensor Network for Glaciers.
- Cooperation in the Digital Age.
- Maintaining Privacy in Pervasive Computing.
- RFID Security and Privacy.
- Ambient Technology.
- Integrated Sensor Networks for Monitoring the Health and Well
- being of Vulnerable Individuals.
- Segmentation and Tracking of Multiple Moving Objects for Intelligent Video Analysis.
- An Attention
- based Approach to Content
- based Image Retrieval.
- Eye Tracking as a New Interface for Image Retrieval.
- The Implications of Pervasive Computing on Network Design.
- Autonomic Computing for Pervasive ICT.
- Free Topology for Pervasive Networks.
- NEXUS: Resilient Intelligent Middleware.
- Intelligent Data Analysis for Detecting Behaviour Patterns in iSpaces.
- xAssist: Inferring User Goals form Observed Actions.
- Programming iSpaces.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published