- Full Description
The Geospatial Web will have a profound impact on managing knowledge & structuring workflows within and across organizations, & on the interaction between those organizations & their target audience. This volume emphasizes the applications & implications of the Geospatial Web & the role of contextual knowledge in shaping the emerging network society. This book summarizes the latest research on the Geospatial Web’s technical foundations, describes information services & collaborative tools built on top of geo-browsers, & investigates the economic & societal impacts of geospatial applications. The role of contextual knowledge in shaping the emerging network society deserves particular attention. By integrating geospatial & semantic technology, such contextual knowledge can be extracted automatically – for example, when processing Web documents to provide automated news services. Containing chapters from renown researchers & practitioners, this volume will be invaluable to all interested in this field.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Towards the Geospatial Web.
- Infrastructure for the Geospatial Web.
- Imaging on the Geospatial Web Using JPEG 2000.
- What’s so Special about Spatial?
- Conceptual Search.
- based Web Search.
- Ubiquitous Browsing of the World.
- Thematic Data Processing for the Semantic Web.
- A Semantic Approach for Geospatial Information Extraction from Unstructured Documents.
- Enhancing RSS Feeds with Extracted Geospatial Information for further Processing and Visualization.
- A Supervised Machine Learning Approach to Toponym Disambiguation.
- Geospatial Information Integration for Science Activity Planning at the Mars Desert Research Station.
- Inferences of Social and Spatial Communities over the World Wide Web.
- A Geospatial Web Platform for Natural Hazard Exposure Assessment in the Insurance Sector.
- Development, Implementation and Application of the WebGIS ‘MossMet’.
- Geospatial Web Services.
- Geospatial Data Integration with Semantic Web Services.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published