- Full Description
The Geospatial Web will have a profound impact on managing knowledge & structuring workflows within and across organizations, & on the interaction between those organizations & their target audience. This volume emphasizes the applications & implications of the Geospatial Web & the role of contextual knowledge in shaping the emerging network society. This book summarizes the latest research on the Geospatial Web’s technical foundations, describes information services & collaborative tools built on top of geo-browsers, & investigates the economic & societal impacts of geospatial applications. The role of contextual knowledge in shaping the emerging network society deserves particular attention. By integrating geospatial & semantic technology, such contextual knowledge can be extracted automatically – for example, when processing Web documents to provide automated news services. Containing chapters from renown researchers & practitioners, this volume will be invaluable to all interested in this field.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents Towards the Geospatial Web.
- Infrastructure for the Geospatial Web.
- Imaging on the Geospatial Web Using JPEG 2000.
- What’s so Special about Spatial?
- Conceptual Search.
- based Web Search.
- Ubiquitous Browsing of the World.
- Thematic Data Processing for the Semantic Web.
- A Semantic Approach for Geospatial Information Extraction from Unstructured Documents.
- Enhancing RSS Feeds with Extracted Geospatial Information for further Processing and Visualization.
- A Supervised Machine Learning Approach to Toponym Disambiguation.
- Geospatial Information Integration for Science Activity Planning at the Mars Desert Research Station.
- Inferences of Social and Spatial Communities over the World Wide Web.
- A Geospatial Web Platform for Natural Hazard Exposure Assessment in the Insurance Sector.
- Development, Implementation and Application of the WebGIS ‘MossMet’.
- Geospatial Web Services.
- Geospatial Data Integration with Semantic Web Services.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published