- Full Description
Art and Technology of Entertainment Computing and Communication takes a blue sky research perspective on the field of interactive media for entertainment computing. Adrian David Cheok argues that entertainment as an end-product is useful for interactive play, however it is also a powerful tool for learning and communication and it is also a key driver for the development of information technology. This book explores the future of entertainment technologies used for communication and describes quantum step research. It will inform and inspire readers to create their own radical inventions and innovations that are not incremental, but which break through ideas and non-obvious solutions. One of the main explorations is the examination of how new forms of computer interaction can lead to radical new forms of technology and art for entertainment computing. Art and Technology of Entertainment Computing and Communication is an informative and inspirational text for students and the next generation of researchers. It’s main aim is to provide information that will hopefully help change the world and society for the better, through new modes of entertainment and communication. Academics, researchers, engineers, game designers, and interaction designers, will find the content both interesting and valuable. Entertainment is the 'engine' to inspire people and drive innovation in interactive digital media design. The pioneer of the field, Prof. Adrian David Cheok, takes you on an exciting tour of the future shaped by the Entertainment Technologies. Hiroshi ISHII, Muriel R. Cooper Professor of Media Arts and Sciences, MIT Media Laboratory.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction.
- 2. Human Pacman: A Mobile Augmented Reality Entertainment System Based on Physical, Social and Ubiquitous Computing.
- 3. Interactive Theatre Experience with 3D Live Captured Actors and Spatial Sound.
- 4. Metazoa Ludens: Mixed Reality Interaction and Play Between Humans and Animals.
- 5. Poultry Internet.
- 6. Age Invaders: Entertainment for Elderly and Young.
- 7. Huggy Pajama: A Remote Interactive Touch and Hugging System.
- 8. Culture Computing: Interactive Technology to Explore Culture.
- 9. Kawaii / Cute Interactive Media.
- 10. Designing for Entertaining Everyday Experiences.
- 11. Tabletop Games: Platforms, Experimental Games and Design Recommendations.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published